Desktop Support - Nashville
The Desktop Support Specialist provides local and remote end user support throughout North America for a variety of desktop and laptop hardware and software platforms. They install, configure, maintain, and upgrade all microcomputer and peripheral equipment as needed to ensure Company standards and quality assurance levels are met. They are the first responders to all IT Help Desk phone calls and emails and troubleshoot and correct user problems to the application access level while promoting a helpful and positive image to our internal customers and external vendors alike.
- Analyzes user input to create and assign Help Desk tickets to themself or to the appropriate technical resource for resolution.
- Troubleshoots desktop or laptop computer problems to the hardware component or application access level and resolves any issues found in a timely manner.
- Updates their open Help Desk tickets daily keeping customers informed of the progress.
- Document problem resolutions in the Help Desk application software.
- Setup and configure desktop or laptop computers as needed.
- Completes and submits to management a quality assurance checklist for every computer serviced to ensure that Company quality levels are maintained.
- Provides remote assistance after hours during their on-call rotation.
- Completes and turns into management an on-call log noting all issues resolved.
- Creates and maintains documentation pertaining to hardware or software installation procedures, computer asset tracking, loaner equipment, the shipping or receiving of equipment, RMAs, and software licensing.
- Maintain an accurate list of computer assets.
- Ships and receives computer hardware as required.
- Provide excellent customer service
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- Vocational or Technical Diploma required.
- 1-3 years industry experience.
- Working knowledge of MS Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of common desktop and laptop hardware components.
- Working knowledge of Ethernet and TCPIP network connectivity
- Working knowledge of the Internet and common Internet browser software
- General knowledge of the MS Office applications and Office 365
- Excellent customer service skills in person or over the phone
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills and organizational skills
- Microcomputer hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Peripheral equipment troubleshooting skills such as printers, copier and fax
Fill out the form below to apply: